Tuci Achieves 1,000 Points as a Valiant

LUIS LOPEZ

STAFF WRITER

It has been a tough season for the men’s basketball team, overall, they are 8-13 and without a win (0-7) at away games. The team started strong in the season with three consecutive wins but as the season progressed they saw more losses than wins.

“After going 3-0 to start the season and winning our home tournament; we were all on the same page and excited for the season,” said senior Alex Tuci.

With four games left, Forward Alex Tuci can only think of wanting to fnish his senior year strong and work as hard as he can to end the season on a positive note.

“It’s my senior year and there’s only four games left of my college basketball career. The closer it gets to my last one I begin to realize to take nothing for granted because not everyone can get to play college sports,” explained Tuci.

While a career high of 31 points, a season-best 15 rebounds, three assists and two blocks versus FDU-Florham last season was quite impressive for the New Rochelle native, scoring 1,000 points for the

Valiants is a more impressive feat. Tuci remained humble when asked about him ranking 25th on the school’s all-time scoring list.

“Honestly, it really hasn’t hit me yet. I know after the season I’ll realize how big of a personal accomplishment it is for me,” he said.

The team may not have achieved what they wanted this season, but they believe they’ll bounce back and continue to represent the Valiants like they always have. The squad has a total of fve seniors and they will want to leave this team knowing they’ve contributed well to this program.

“The goal was to make the playoffs and win a championship. It’s been an up and down season, but I’ve been trying to make sure we give it 100% in everything we do. Also, leading and teaching the underclassmen has been important this year, so they keep improving,” said Tuci.

Hoping to end the season like they started may be achievable. The Valiants fnish their season Feb. 17, against Misericordia University in Dallas, PA. Next year will be one to improve themselves, and a positive is that the squad knows their strengths and limits.

PHOTO CREDIT: GOVALIANTS

Tuci reflected on what he felt the team can improve upon: “To be consistent and not underestimate other teams. Every team’s a good one in our conference and we can’t have ‘off nights.’ Lots of effort and heart have to be there, even if we’re having a bad game.”

Four years as a student athlete and a business major at Manhattanville, he shared what his plans are after graduating: “If I have the opportunity to take my talent overseas then I would look into that, but other than that I plan on going back to school to get my master’s in business.”

Tuci stamps himself into Manhattanville history with 1,000 points scored and leaves with honors in the MAC Freedom as well featuring for most of the games during his time