Manhattanville’s Fall Dance Concert 2017

NIKKI SOLERI

STAFF WRITER

The Fall Dance Concert took place in the Little Theatre in Brownson Hall on Nov. 16- 18 at 8:00p.m. and on Nov. 19 at 2:00 p.m. The show was produced by Shawn Bible, and it had numerous guest choreographers, alongside student choreographers.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHAWN T. BIBLE CO.

The Touchstone interviewed freshman Antonia Marchese and Brianna Setzer to get the scoop on what went on behind the scenes.

Touchstone: What did you guys do to prepare for the Fall Dance Concert?

Antonia: To prepare, we had rehearsal every week, Tuesday’s from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., to learn and clean up the dance. Aside from that, we had to practice on our own to make sure we knew what we were doing.

Brianna: I made sure that I was trying my best outside of rehearsals to go over it.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHAWN T. BIBLE CO.

Touchstone: As freshmen, did you fear preforming in the opening number for the concert? What were your concerns?

Antonia: I was scared opening the show at first because it was my first show at Manhattanville, and usually freshmen aren’t in the fall concert. The dancers were under some pressure, but I think it was all good in the end.

Brianna: I did not fear opening the dance concert because I am used to performing and being on stage. I really did enjoy it.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHAWN T. BIBLE CO.

Touchstone: What was your favorite number from the concert and why?

Antonia: My favorite number was Lucid Stimulus, because I loved the concept and choreography, and the dancers were amazing.

Brianna: My favorite number was Lucid Stimulus as well, because I felt the use of the flashlight was very intriguing and the dancers were very strong. The story was made extremely clear throughout the piece.