Manhattanville’s Fall Dance Concert 2017

NIKKI SOLERI

STAFF WRITER

The Fall Dance Concert took place in the Little Theatre in Brownson Hall on Nov. 16- 18 at 8:00p.m. and on Nov. 19 at 2:00 p.m. The show was produced by Shawn Bible, and it had numerous guest choreographers, alongside student choreographers.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHAWN T. BIBLE CO.

The Touchstone interviewed freshman Antonia Marchese and Brianna Setzer to get the scoop on what went on behind the scenes.

Touchstone: What did you guys do to prepare for the Fall Dance Concert?

Antonia: To prepare, we had rehearsal every week, Tuesday’s from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., to learn and clean up the dance. Aside from that, we had to practice on our own to make sure we knew what we were doing.

Brianna: I made sure that I was trying my best outside of rehearsals to go over it.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHAWN T. BIBLE CO.

Touchstone: As freshmen, did you fear preforming in the opening number for the concert? What were your concerns?

Antonia: I was scared opening the show at first because it was my first show at Manhattanville, and usually freshmen aren’t in the fall concert. The dancers were under some pressure, but I think it was all good in the end.

Brianna: I did not fear opening the dance concert because I am used to performing and being on stage. I really did enjoy it.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHAWN T. BIBLE CO.

Touchstone: What was your favorite number from the concert and why?

Antonia: My favorite number was Lucid Stimulus, because I loved the concept and choreography, and the dancers were amazing.

Brianna: My favorite number was Lucid Stimulus as well, because I felt the use of the flashlight was very intriguing and the dancers were very strong. The story was made extremely clear throughout the piece.

Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Reddit