ROBERT SCHARTNER MEMORIAL

Oct. 9, 2017 marked the one-year anniversary of the tragic death of Robert Schartner. On that tragic night over a year ago, Robby was struck by a drunk driver on Anderson Hill Road while walking back from White Plains. is tragic death shook his friends, family, and the entire Manhattanville community.

Robby impacted everyone around him. He was an incredible friend, brother, and most of all son. ere was never a day that he did not have a smile on his face. Robby was full of optimism, even in the toughest of times he found a way to shine light on the issue. From his infectious laugh to his funny sayings, he was always a pleasure to be around. He coined the phrase “Never Leave Your Smile at Home.” Robby le a lasting impression with everyone he encountered. Rob, you are missed every second of everyday on this campus. e Touchstone would like to o er its deepest condo- lences to all who knew Robby.

Since his passing, the school has made an active effort to keep his memory alive. The softball team distributed smiley faces for everyone to remember his contagious smile. Bracelets that say ‘RS3’ and “Never Leave Your Smile at Home” were available for students. e Manhattanville Color Run was dedicated to Robby with all of the proceeds going to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Recently, the school hosted a mass in Robby’s memory. ere was also a candle light vigil for students to attend.

The Touchstone would like to leave all of you with a few words from Robby’s mass card.

The Day God Took you Home

A million times

I’ve needed you

A million times I’ve cried,

If love alone

Could have saved you

You never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly;

In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a space,

Where no one can ever fill.

It broke my heart to lose you.

But you didn’t go alone

Part of me went with you,

The day god took you home.