Women’s Softball Continues Success

ALAN MENA

Coming off a MAC Freedom Conference Championship in 2016 with a 41-5 overall record, head coach Dale Martin is looking to not only repeat, but go for the Skyline Championship and make another NCAA appearance. Coach Dale has had great success at Manhattanville, housing an impressive 270-138-1 overall record, and a 126-25 Conference record over the span of his 11 years as head coach at Manhattanville.

During the 2017 season the Valiants have amassed a 19-9 overall record, and 10-0 in Conference play. They are currently undefeated at home, housing a 6-0 record.

INSTAGRAM, @VALIANT_SOFTBALL

INSTAGRAM, @VALIANT_SOFTBALL

Junior Alycia Feeney was able to speak about the season.

“Clinching first place feels awesome because we have the same competitive energy as last year and that familiar feeling is exciting and gives us something to look forward too. Playoffs are the most intense games that we play and our energy is all there. Our culture is great, every day we are working hard to improve ourselves to reach the best we can be, everything is coming together,” said Feeney.

She added, “I know my teammates have my back and they trust me and my abilities and that helps me stay focused on the prize.“ The team has a culture that is supportive of one another for their accomplishments.

The team’s overall success is due to its batting, pitching, and fielding. With ten games left in the regular season, four of which are conference games, the Valiants are looking to secure the #1 seed for the second straight season. They are in a comfortable position to maintain that top seed and make some noise in the postseason again, with hopes of chasing yet another MAC Freedom and Skyline Championship.